Sunday, June 6, 2010

My missing piece....

Four years....I can't believe it has been four years since my life changed so dramatically. I had so many people tell me how much my life would change but nothing prepares you for it until it actually happens.

Let's rewind a bit to September 28th 2005 "T" Day. This was the day we were to take our home pregnancy test after the most recent fertility treatments. I wasn't hopeful at all after not seeing 2 lines so many times but the Hubby said he had a good feeling about it. 0430, he had me up and peeing on a stick. ***Wait 3 minutes.*** Is that what I think it is? Is that 2 lines? Do I dare get excited??

It was 2 lines. My due date was June 7th 2006!!!

Fast forward through a long and eventful "9 months" to June 5th, 2006. Contractions started at about 0230 after trying only one tablespoon of Castor Oil. They continue without a pattern for the next few hours. When the Hubby got up for work, I told him something was off and we needed to go back to the hospital yet again (we had already been back and forth 4 times in 11 days). We get to the hospital, they check me out and were about to send me walking to see if things progressed when they noticed how high my blood pressure was. After 2 hours of monitoring my BP, they decided it was time for our baby to make his debut in the world. What organized chaos ensued after that. Pitocin, water breaking, contractions from hell, finally giving in to an epidural because I wasn't progressing and I feared a c-section but it was all done like a well-oiled machine. I had no complaints with the maternity ward, except of course my hubby and sister eating McDonald's in front of me while I was not allowed to eat.

2340 (11:40pm), I am checked again and they tell me it is about time to start pushing in a bit. They had to turn the baby a bit because he was stuck on my pelvic bone (Thank God for the epidural!!). 2350 (11:50pm) pushing commences. I couldn't feel the contractions so the Hubby has to watch the monitor while holding my leg up. I had to yell at him to pay attention to me and not the baby coming out. The sister refused to look down at first but suddenly changed her mind as the baby came out. 23 minutes of pushing and my miracle screamed his first scream. 0013 (12:13am) Little Man joins this crazy world and our little family expands.




I never knew I could love something or someone so much. I never knew my heart could grew so big with pride when he smiles because he caught a fish or learned to take off his own shirt. Every celebration, every tear, every hug, every kiss is etched into my heart forever. My little man is truly the miracle that made my life complete. It was more than becoming a Mom, it was more than creating a family, it was finding a piece of my soul that hadn't found its way to me yet.

So on this day, June 6th 2010, I want to wish my special Little Man a very happy 4th birthday and I want to say thank you for being everything I ever dreamed of having in a child. I love you so much my little gift from God!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful! made my eyes well with tears. Happy Birthday to Noah :)