Monday, September 28, 2009

What a Weekend!!!

What a fabulous weekend we had!!! It was spent as a family and it was amazing.

On Friday, we had the Khaki Ball. Anna watched the kids for us and we spent the evening laughing and dancing with some pretty awesome people. My feet hurt so much by the end of the night!!! I love going to those things. I am bummed we are missing the Navy Ball this year but I guess there is always next year. Once the ball ended, we went to pick up the kids and they totally made my night with how much they missed us. Once we got them all snuggly in bed, we crashed ourselves since we had to get up early for our yard sale.

On Saturday, we got up nice and early for our yard sale. It was not to bad out, just a little chilly. We didn't do too bad and manage to get rid of some of our stuff. I had more fun just being outside with my family though. The kids ran around and played while Lee and I, when not taking care of "customers", threw the football around. It made for a very pleasant morning. Once we decided to pack it in, we fed the kids lunch and put them down for a nap so we could enjoy the Alabama game. We curled up on the couch and watched it together...or maybe I should say I curled up, Lee jumped up constantly, LOL. It was a pretty mellow game though and of course our boys won!! When the kids woke up, Noah complained that his tummy hurt so we cancelled our plans. At about 6:30, he was feeling better and we needed some things at the store so we headed out to Target. Noah finally said he wanted to eat so we stopped in at Ruby Tuesday's and grabbed a bite. Once we got home and got the kids to bed, we went to bed ourselves and watched a movie.

Sunday morning we tried to do our yard sale again but it was a bust. So we got dressed and headed downtown for the White Sox game. Lee got us tickets since I had been complaining that we have lived here 3 years and never went to one. Better late than never right? Noah really enjoyed himself and even Jordan watched for a bit. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed it as a family. When we got home, I whipped up some dinner and the kids were so tired, we put them to bed at 7:45 without one single objection. We watched our shows for the night and then headed to bed ourselves.

It was such a great weekend, one we were in need of and one I will cherish for a while because I know once we get down to NC, Lee will be crazy busy!!! Oh well....now it is time to finish getting ready for the movers. Less than 4 days to go!!

No comments: