
I am so excited. It is such a cute little house. It is 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bathrooms and about 1700 sq. feet. It has a huge backyard with a privacy fence and it is in a nice little sub-division. The master bedroom and guest room are downstairs and the kid’s rooms are upstairs which I didn’t like at first but now I am cool with it. We just need to get a really good gate for the top of the stairs. Plus, it is only one mile from the main gate which means it is close to work for Lee!!!
It was a long day though trying to get it situated. We were so defeated from yesterday that we almost didn’t go in to see the realtor but I am so glad we did. Lee went into housing first to see what the status there was and they were so rude to him. But basically it is a 6-8 month wait for SNCO housing so we have no choice but to live out in town. So we went to the realtor appointment we had and I told her what we had been told the day before. She said absolutely not and that she would have us in a house by the end of the day. We went through the computer to see what was available around the time we were moving and one of the ones available was one I had seen on the computer through the AFHN. It was actually on the top of my list. So we picked out three we liked and went to check them out. We fell in love with the first one and decided that was the best for us. We are so excited about it.
After we got everything done, lease signed, deposit paid and kids happy, we went to a friend’s house for dinner. Mark is one of Lee’s old friends and he and his wife Karen are recent empty-nesters so they loved having the kids around. We had a lot of fun playing outside with the kids and just catching up.
We decided since we found a house already that we are going to leave early to head home. We are going to take a detour through TN to sight-see a bit. I had wanted to go up to VA and see some friends but we felt bad giving people last minute notice. Plus we are too afraid of how Noah would react to seeing Ethan and then not seeing him again for a while. He asks for him constantly and I think it might make it worse. But mostly, we need some quality family time. This has been a stressful couple of days and the kids have kind of gotten the shaft during all the craziness of finding a house. They need some time where Mommy and Daddy focus solely on them.
Off to bed, we are heading out early in the morning.
Lesson(s) learned: Don’t give up even if everyone is telling you “no”. Sometimes you need to find the right person to help you
No comments:
Post a Comment