Monday, August 31, 2009

House Hunting Trip Day #3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!
Today is my 33rd birthday. I can’t believe it. And oh what a frustrating day it has been!! We had an appt to look at one house at 12 noon so we went out to check it out. It was a decent house with plenty of room but it was a ways out from the base and it needed work. The lady said the family that had it before did a number to it and you could tell. It needs new carpeting for sure and so minor improvements. We are not jumping on it yet because we still have a few more to look at but it is not off our list.

We also went to a few realtors today and that was such a headache. Basically they all told us that because we are here more than 30 days before we want to occupy a home, we wouldn’t be able to find one. I don’t understand how they can’t project which houses they will have available and which ones they won’t. They each said “It is so nice to have someone actually use their house hunting leave but you are here too early”. We looked at 2 houses but they were so small. The houses here are really tiny….ugh!! By the time it was time to head back to the room, the kids fell asleep in the car so Lee and I decided to drive around some and see what we could find. It is going to be so weird to live here and not have things right there available to me.

For my birthday, the kids gave me a pair of earrings with my birth stone and Lee decided to give me money so I can buy what I want. I am going to put it toward a new cell phone since I need one bad. I wanted to go to a seafood restaurant for my dinner but the good ones were all a bit of a drive so we ended up at Red Lobster. HUGE MISTAKE!!! The food as not good and way overpriced!!! I was so annoyed by the time we left. We stopped and picked up some cupcakes so I could at least have some cake for my special day and then headed back to the room.

It has been one of those days that I just want to end so I am going to try to sleep since the kids are both passed out. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Lesson(s) learned: Don’t go to a chain restaurant just because it is easier. You don’t always get what you pay for!!!
Just because you are doing the right thing, doesn’t mean it will be the easiest thing.

No comments: