Well I started taking things off the walls today. Now the move officially feels real. It was so weird to look in the places where things used to hang and just see empty holes. As I look at the the holes, I take a step back and think of my last 13 1/2 years being with the Navy...the first 10 as a Sailor and the last few as a Navy wife. What a ride it has been so far. I have seen so many places, experienced so many things and meet so many interesting people. There are people who have stayed in my life and people who left their mark but are no longer there. It is amazing how different my life is though in those 13+ years. Then for a few short moments, I wonder how different my life would have been had I not joined the Navy. I say short moments because it is very apparent to myself and those who know me best that joining the Navy was the best decision I made in my life. I wonder what the next 13+ years are going bring me.....
Other than that, things here are what they should be for a family getting ready to move. I feel like the more I do for the move, the messier I make the house which of course is driving me absolutely INSANE!!! I hate how cluttered everything feels but I always hate transporting things we don't need. Hence the decluttering bug that has bitten me. I worked on the garage this weekend and we are prepping for our big moving sale the weekend of the 25th-27th. It is going to be a busy weekend between the Khaki Ball, the moving sale and plans that I have made with people. I am starting to feel bad because everything going on is affecting the things I do with the kids. We are constantly doing things for the move and haven't done anything fun since our little trip. So I think next week, I am going to take them to Apple Holler or something like that so they can have some fun!! They deserve it...they are really great kids!!!
1 comment:
What sucks is the closer you get to leaving the busier you get and the more you want to spend time with the people you're leaving but you can't because you're so dang busy!
I miss you already.
Post a Comment