Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Upside Down and Frustrations

Life has flipped upside down in a matter of days. Some things have happened in our family but I am going to keep them private out of respect for the people involved. It is a huge shock and a huge adjustment I guess. I hope things pan out for the better but only time will tell. I just hope that those who are involved know how much they are loved and how much we hope things work themselves out!!!

On a similar note, I am beyond stressed about this move. I have been hearing so many horror stories about how awful Forest City is toward people when they move out. I am so worried they are going to try to charge us for everything. We have been trying to repair things and get things fixed on our own but who knows how they will be.

One of the things that we needed to fix was the siding on the back of the house that I accidentally burned. According to the price sheet, they will charge $100 and up for siding repairs so we asked around on how to fix it ourselves. We finally found the same color siding (because of course we have to live in a red house) at Menard's for $10.98 for a piece. We only needed one piece cut down and they even cut it for us. So Lee spent a little time yesterday fixing the siding. It looks as good as new!!! Hopefully they won't be able to tell much. I just couldn't believe that they wanted to charge us over $100 for something that costs $10 and took about an hour to fix.

Another thing we needed to fix was 2 sets of blinds. We figured out how to fix them without having to buy new ones and thankfully, I fixed one so far. The other one is in Noah's room and I am going to delay that as long as possible in case he tries to break another one.

The last frustration with this move has been the money issue. When we gave our 30 day notice, we opted to pay our pro-rated rent for October so they would stop our BAH allotment. Well Lee went in to bring the check in on Monday and they told him they wouldn't stop the BAH allotment until we had our pre-inspection, which was scheduled for the 29th. Well, if you know anything about military pay, DFAS needs 7 days before a pay day to process any changes to a service members pay which means we would have to have the allotment change in by the 23rd. Lee was so mad and tried to explain that to the woman but she kept saying "you will be ok and get your allotment stopped". He came home so mad. Well, I was not going to play that game. I called right up to the housing manager and explained to her what happened and how unacceptable that was. She quickly changed our pre-inspection to tomorrow so we will have enough time to get the allotment change in. But I swear if on the 1st, the BAH is not in his paycheck, I will be on their doorstep so fast demanding my money!!!!!

I just want this move to be over with so I don't have to worry about dealing with these people anymore!! It is craziness!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

I hope it gets better for you. Forest City sucks!