So I remembered why I hate moving....it is so lonely until you meet people!! Yes, my friend Pam lives here but she is away right now and won't be back for 2 more weeks. They just got offered a house so she will be back soon but still. Poor Noah keeps asking to play with his friends and I am at a loss. I feel terrible for him that he has no one to play with, not that I would have anyone over here anyways because my house is still not unpacked. I signed up for a meet-up group here and we are suppose to go to play-date on Thursday so I hope it turns out ok. I am so nervous about it. I have gotten more and more shy as the years have gone on and it is very hard for me to make friends with people. But not only do the kids need playmates but I need someone to hold an adult conversation with. I am tried of discussing Wiggles, Caillou, and Gameboy. I just keep reminding myself that we just moved here and it took me 6 weeks to make my first friend in Great Lakes (love you Anna!!). I just wish it was easier!!! Not that I don't adore my kids or anything but I think that is part of the reason I have been in a funk for a few days. Hopefully I can shake it soon!!
The house is still full of boxes!! I swear they multiply in the night or something. I have set a goal for myself to unpack 5 boxes a day until they are all gone. Monday I did good, I unpacked 4. Today, not so good. I didn't unpack a single box. So tomorrow I have to double my efforts. The plan for tomorrow is to go buy a mattress for Noah finally (I have been putting it off bad) and finally start getting his room organized!! The poor kid wants to sleep on his new bed so bad and Mom is being a procrastinator. I am still trying to figure out how to use some magical powers to get this house unpacked or something. I am so over moving, it isn't as fun as it used to be!!!
1 comment:
I'm sorry Jaime. If Rick weren't about to deploy I'd be down there in a heart beat to help you out. We can't wait to see you guys. I told Ethan he gets to see Noah soon and that is all he keeps talking about now. I can't wait to see their reaction when they see each other!
Post a Comment