Saturday, June 20, 2009

Awesome Day!!!

We had such an awesome day today. I got up and took the kids to the Libertyville Days parade. We met up with Anna, Matt and Grace and had a fun time looking at all the different things in the parade. Noah loved the men in the little cars and all the candy that was thrown at the kids. After the parade ended, we headed home for lunch and naps!!! I was wiped out since we were up so late last night because of the HM Ball. Unfortuately though, I was unable to get a nap because the forces of nature were just against me!!!
So after naptime, I made a easy dinner and then we hopped in the car to head to our favorite playground, Independence Grove. Lee hadn't been there yet so we wanted to show Daddy our favorite play area. We had so much fun running around, playing on the swings, going down the slides and enjoy some good family time.
After that, we headed to Dairy Queen, or the ice cream store as Noah calls it. It was so yummy!!! Jordan loved her little vanilla cone and got it everywhere. But that is the best part of being a kid...making a mess!!!
All in all, it was an awesome day. I got to spend it with my family and some awesome friends. I got a little sunburnt and was able to breathe in some fresh air...something I have been dying for!! I couldn't ask for anything more......

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day.