I got the itch to start blogging again so let's see if I can do this!!
I had to laugh when re-reading my old posts in my previous blog, especially my very last one. In it, I stated I wanted to do a better job blogging more regularly. So I guess once a year is regularly in my book!!! LOL
Life in Italy has been an interested adventure to say the least. We have done so much and experienced so much over the last year. I won't bore you with all the details but let's just say my bucket list is slowly but surely being completed. This year, we hope to travel a lot more and leave Italy a bit. I already have a cruise and a trip to Brussels planned and booked. There is also a trip to Germany and London in the works as well. I am also really hoping I can get to Poland to see Auschwitz but Lee doesn't see the appeal so maybe I can coordinate a girls weekend. But overall, I think we will have an enjoyable year and a busy one, especially if it goes by as fast as the first 6 weeks have gone.
2013 was a good year to our family. We had our ups and downs, major hiccups, lots of tears but along with the bad, we had major laughs and lots of smiles. A lot of memories were made and both Lee and I had a major accomplishment occur. We both completed our classes to earn our Bachelor's degrees. I finished in December and he finished a few weeks after me in January (technically 2014 but who's counting). Now to decide what I REALLY want to do with my life. I am still not 100% sure but one thing I do know, I absolutely love what I have been doing with my time since last Spring.
Feeling like I was going to go stir crazy when we first moved here, I stumbled upon some different volunteer opportunities. The first was coaching t-ball and the second was volunteering within the PTA. Initially, I started out as PTA secretary but different opportunities presented themselves and I was able to become the Vice President in charge of Fundraising. I absolutely love the position but mostly I love being a part of the PTA. Being at the school, seeing the kids faces when we have done something wonderful for them and seeing our hard work benefit those precious creatures makes me go to bed happy and fulfilled. Doing this work has really made me re-evaluate what I want to do once I go back to work full time. Thankfully I have a very diverse degree so my canvas is wide open. But all those thoughts are put on hold until we go back to the United States. Getting a job here is hard and for now, I am happy with what I am doing with my time especially since I have added Daisy Girl Scout co-leader and Cub Scout Den Leader to my docket of volunteer time plus I am running for PTA president for the next school year. I think all of that will continue to keep me busy and happy.
Well, I am back on the blogging wagon.....
Let's see how well I do with this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment