So here it is Wednesday night (well technically early Thursday morning) and I just realized I never did my goal update and for this week, I am not going to. Why you might ask? Well, I have been too distracted from my goals to even attempt my goals. So I made a new permenant goal....
No More Distractions!!!
What kind of distractions do I mean? I mean the "my child is sick so I slack on everything because I feel that gives me perfect opportunity to do nothing but snuggle on the couch". While yes, I love to snuggle on the couch with my babies, especially when they are sick and need me so much, doing it for 5 days and letting everything slack is completely ridiculous. I lose all motivation and then I kick myself in the pants because I have to play catch-up with everything!! And if you are a mom, you know that playing catch-up is probably one of the worst things you can do to yourself.
I mean the "let me hop on Facebook to send my husband a quick note and then lose an hour because I have to read who hates their spouse, who is leaving FB because of drama (only to return in 24 hours asking if anyone missed them) or stare at my friend's/family's beautiful pictures, wishing I was closer to hug every one them!!" Taking a class in social networking has been an eye opener for me. I knew I loved Facebook but I have suddenly realized I am consumed with it, so not a good thing. So I am challenging myself to one hour of Facebook time a day and that is only if as much work as I can do for the day is completed. I even came up with a way to basically yell at myself.....
Surprisingly, it worked today. I got so much accomplished and feel good about myself as I get ready to head to bed.
So distraction tried to take over my life, let's see if I can kick them out or if I will get too distracted!! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment