My goals and their status:
Daily:
1) Fill in the kids chore charts to help them earn their allowance. We were doing great with this before the holidays hit. We start again today and the kids are actually excited about it!!
2) Continue the "no video games" during the school week with the exception of Noah's use of Reading Eggs. This will be a struggle since Noah got used to playing on his DS a lot while we were in NY. I guess I will have to put my foot down about it.
3) Limit TV time to no more than 2 hours per day (with the exception of sick days) After today, we will be starting this again. The TV has been on a lot lately.
4) Work with Jordan one hour per day on educational activities She got a lot of school work activities from Christmas so we will be working on this one
5) Spend one hour per class each day on my studies even if my homework is done for the week. I am on break this week but I am trying to a least read some so I can stay ahead of the game.
6) Have Noah review his sight words 3 times daily
7) Read the Bible to the kids We slacked off on this on vacation but we are starting up again tonight.
8) Read my Bible and devotional book (shooting for twice a day) see above
Weekly:
1) Stick to a cleaning and maintenance schedule for the house Got my schedule all printed out. Starting it today!!
2) Start working out regularly, at least 3 times a week
3) Eat out no more than once per week
4) Attend church
5) Send something to Hubby: card, letter, picture, boxes, anything
6) Work on Noah and Jordan's handwriting at least 3 times a week
7) Try to blog 3 times a week if not more
Monthly:
1) Try one new place every month, even if means driving out of town
2) Buy birthday cards for the month at the beginning of each month and address and stamp them immediately.
Short term goals:
1) Have family photos printed and framed
2) Print out picture for bedroom and frame
5) Send out TS business email about ending business I posted about this on my FB group page. I need to send out an actual email.
6) Have Little Man reading stage 1 books without help before the Hubby's return in the spring7) Purchase new washer and dryer
8) Get the garage organized prior to Hubby's return Thanks to my awesome friend, this is closer to completion than ever before!!
9) Organize recipe binder
10) Organize household binder
11) Get DVD's situated (DVD case, labels and get rid of the boxes!!)
14) Purchase new vacuum
15) Start preps for Hubby's homecoming!! (So excited to write this one)
16) Start planning our vacations for the year. Texas at the end of April (hopefully without kids if we can arrange it), Disney at some point and possibly a week in Gatlinburg!!
17) Plan Jordan's 4th birthday party (is she really turning 4???)
Long Term
1) GET OUT OF DEBT!!!! (The cards in the freezer is working so far...lol) Christmas did not help this goal what so ever!!
2) Complete my Bachelor's degree with a minimum of a 3.5 GPA
3) Start my Master's degree immediately after completing my BA. No break from school!!
4) Plan a vacation with my husband yearly, just the two of us. We tend to lose who we are when we become parents and I think it is important for us to recapture that. Even if it for a few days, it needs to be done!!
5) Learn to speak a different language. I am leaning toward French but think Spanish is the best bet especially if I plan on teaching someday.
Goals Completed since October 27th, 2011: 6 1/2
No comments:
Post a Comment