Today's challenge is to tell about the meaning behind your blog name. "See you about the decks" was a common Navy phrase that my husband heard frequently when he was on the ship. I never had the fortunate pleasure of serving on a ship despite being in the Navy for 10 years. However, since we are a Navy family, I wanted a Navy term that would mean I look forward to meeting people and "seeing" people again as they visit our little world via my blog.
The Navy is more than a job for my husband, it is his way of life as it was mine when I was serving. We will be a Navy family until the Navy tells us we need to go home. I miss being in the Navy but I am happy that I can still be a part of it all by being a Navy wife. Everyone has their "horror" story to tell about the military way of life but for us, the good has always outweighed the bad. We get a paycheck every 2 weeks (there about), we have a decent roof over our head, the doctor bills aren't killing our bank account, we don't worry about him getting fired or laid off, and we get to see different places that we otherwise may have never seen. Yes, the deployments and time apart stink but who knows what kind of job my husband would have otherwise so several months apart doing something he enjoys is so much better than him being in a miserable job that he will dread every day. To me, his passion for the Navy is going to teach our children to strive for the things they love even if it makes their lives uncomfortable every now and then!!
We are extremely proud to be a Navy family and I hope I get to see all of you about the decks!!!!
Have a Fine Navy Day!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment