Thursday, September 23, 2010

SAHM

So for those of you who don't know what SAHM stands for, it stands for Stay At Home Mom, which I am proud to say I am.....or am I?

Who came up with that term anyways? Had they ever met a true SAHM?

I have been a SAHM for 4 years and in those 4 years, life has been pretty moderately paced between play-dates, appointments, outings and day to day life. My children and I enjoyed an occasional "pj day", complete with popcorn, movies and snuggles in our big bed!!

However, all that very rapidly changed in the matter of 3 weeks. My life as a true Stay at Home Mom went out the window. My days are now spent taxi-ing children to and from school, to and from dance, to and from gymnastics (2 different classes) and to and from soccer. Add in there various appointment for them, myself and even the dog plus other errands that round out our life and this Momma wonders where the term SAHM fits into her life now.

While I love seeing my children grow and excel at the various activities that they have chosen to participate in, I long for a "pj day" and wonder if I am setting a bad example by letting Little Man skip school one day, declaring it an official day of rest. I know he is only in Pre-K but am I setting the precedent for the rest of our school years. I guess only time will tell.....I think a "pj day" is in order very soon!!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I think that one pj day will not set a bad example. If you start doing it once a week, then you've gone a little overboard:)