Wow, I need to get on the ball with my blogging. Things have been wickedly crazy for us between summertime fun and traveling. Currently, the munchkins and I are visiting my family in New York for the month of August. The visit, which we are on day 5 of, has shown me such an array of emotions!! Between what is going on in my family life and what emotions I have been experiencing, I am exhausted already. I am going to need a vacation from my vacation, LOL!!
On the munchkin front, they are great and really loving being around their cousins, aunt, uncles and especially their grandparents!! Little Man is sort of all over the place though and it is rather frustrating. It is amazing how manners got left back in North Carolina because I am constantly reminding him about them. He is spoiled by Grammy but it is all good. Little Princess is doing great here. She has not fought me for the binkie once and she even went wee-wee on the potty twice today!! I think being around MJ is a good thing especially since she sees her go potty and not have a binkie!! I couldn't be prouder of her right now!!
On the me front, being here has been a good thing and a bad thing. I love getting to spend time with my extended family. I hate that I am missing out on MJ and Ri-Ri's lives. But seeing them almost daily has been wonderful. It has made me wish at time that our lives were different. I wish we could be apart of family dinners, quick trips to the ice cream shop with everyone or hanging out with the entire gang randomly but unfortunately our life is not going down that path. I know I chose to be a military wife and I chose the lifestyle I have but it doesn't make it easier!! Oh well, I can always dream that one day we will get to do those type of things regularly!!
I hope I can get better with my blogging while I am here!! Only time will tell......
1 comment:
I hope you have a lovely vaction and it takes a more relaxing direction.
Post a Comment