Now we are left with three choices:
1) Send the kids to the less desirable school and pray that it turns out ok.
2) Homeschool the kids for a year and reapply for the transfer during the regular request period.
3) Go through the legal process of breaking our lease and start the search for a new house.
Considering how rough this move has been on the kids, option #1 was our last choice in the matter. We discussed the pros and cons to both #2 and #3. Despite the fact that we have not moved into the house yet, we still have a legally binding lease and it would be very difficult to get out of it. Plus, it took us a long week and 11 houses to find the perfect house for us. Would we be able to find that again? On top of it, the kids absolutely did not want to look for a new house. They love the house we picked as much as we do.
That leaves us with homeschooling, something I have always considered but have never tried. We had a family meeting to discuss the options with the kids to see what they wanted and Noah was 100% gung-ho about being homeschooled, Jordan was reluctant. She was worried about making friends and not having any one to play with. I reassured her that we would join homeschooling groups to meet new people and make some friends as well as get her signed up for gymnastics. Finally, she got excited about it so the decision was made.....we are going to become a home-school family!!!
I can't believe I am going to be doing this.....I have never been more nervous about anything in my whole life!!
Considering how rough this move has been on the kids, option #1 was our last choice in the matter. We discussed the pros and cons to both #2 and #3. Despite the fact that we have not moved into the house yet, we still have a legally binding lease and it would be very difficult to get out of it. Plus, it took us a long week and 11 houses to find the perfect house for us. Would we be able to find that again? On top of it, the kids absolutely did not want to look for a new house. They love the house we picked as much as we do.
That leaves us with homeschooling, something I have always considered but have never tried. We had a family meeting to discuss the options with the kids to see what they wanted and Noah was 100% gung-ho about being homeschooled, Jordan was reluctant. She was worried about making friends and not having any one to play with. I reassured her that we would join homeschooling groups to meet new people and make some friends as well as get her signed up for gymnastics. Finally, she got excited about it so the decision was made.....we are going to become a home-school family!!!
I can't believe I am going to be doing this.....I have never been more nervous about anything in my whole life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment