Well we made it!!!!!!
Our first flight left late last night out of Norfolk. After another tearful goodbye with one of my very best friends, we settled into the boarding area to wait for our flight to be called. The kids were so amped and excited, it actually had both of us worried that they would be able to settle down for the flight. Finally they called for families with small children (yay, that's us!!) so we headed to our seats. Sadly we were not all seated together. The seating was 2 seats on the side and three in the middle for a total of seven across. So I sat in the middle three seats with the kids and Lee sat on the side closest to us. It worked out too because he was able to sleep and I was able to snuggle the munchkins up. After take off, we learned that the first flight would last only about 5 hours and the second even less than that. I was so happy I was ready to do cartwheels considering we thought we were looking at a 10 hour and a 7 hour flight!!
Both flights were very uneventful. They served a snack and played family geared films. We watched Ice Age 4 and The Three Stooges on the first flight but I couldn't tell you what they played on the second flight because I fell asleep. They served a dinner meal on the first flight, which was not too bad. The kids didn't like much off of it (big shocker) but luckily I had snacks and what not. After a lay-over in Portugal, we got on the second flight headed to our final destination. On the second flight, we were served a lunch type meal which was just ok. Hubby and Little Man slept through the meal and Princess would only eat the cheese and crackers offered but I figured that would be the case. Once we ate, Princess and I fell right to sleep. The whole trip overall was easy and very uneventful!!
When we landed in Naples, things moved rather quickly. They are very big on families here so they ushered all the families with children through the passport check first. Then it was time to find our sponsor. Well, not only did our sponsor come to greet us but so did most of the Chief's mess. It was so nice to be greeted by so many welcoming faces!!! They helped us with ALL of our baggage and transported us to our temporary home until we find one that suits us for the next three years!!
Our temporary home is not too shabby, however it could use a good cleaning. It is a two bedroom, two bathroom villa directly across from the school and CDC. It has TV, internet and the version of cable we will come to appreciate (I hope). My favorite part is the slide down shutters and the big balcony. My least favorite part is that we are on the top floor but at least I will get a good workout everyday (LOL)!!
Well the need for sleep is hitting me hard so I am going to head to bed!! Tomorrow will be a busy one, I am sure!!! So until next time, Caio!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment