Well today was our first day!! I spent the whole day yesterday shopping and cleaning out the pantry. We threw out 2 garbage bags of opened junk and gave away a large box of food to a person at my husband's work who is having financial issues.
Let's just say Day 1 went as expected. Our Day 1 meals went as follows:
Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole
Fresh Raspberries
I left out the onions in this casserole because my family hates onions. Also, I made it into muffins so it is portable for the Hubby. He has to be at work at an horrible hour this week so I just wanted to make sure he gets some good eats for breakfast. The verdict: I thought they tasted great!!! Little Man ate his two (I made large muffins for the adults and regular sized muffins for the kids). Princess flat out refused to eat any of it. The Hubby said he ate one of the two I packed for him but couldn't eat them both.
Lunch: Burgers cooked on the grill pan (no bun, no condiments)
Romaine Lettuce with Cherry Tomatoes and Cashews
Raw Carrots
Hubby had a luncheon so I have no idea what he ate. He says he stuck to meat and veggies. Little Man ate almost everything with the exception of the tomatoes and cashews. Princess ate her lettuce and her carrots of course plus the cashews but would not touch the burger or the tomatoes. I ate it all!!! LOL
Dinner: Ribeye Steaks on the grill pan (it was storming here so the grill was out)
Cauliflower Carrot Herb Mash
Sauteed Asparagus
Of course the steaks were a hit with myself and the Hubby. The kids would not touch a single bite of food. The mash was good but had way too many herbs in it. The rosemary was so overpowering. I will make it again but leave out most of the rosemary. I cooked it exactly as the recipe stated because I can't determine if a recipe is good or not without trying it the right way first. But after dinner, I was the only one who was full (go figure)!!
Hubby got on me about the kids not eating. I said it was their choice not to eat but he insisted that I give them something to eat since they wouldn't eat their dinner. I made Ants on a Log with almond butter, celery and raisins. Princess loved it but Little Man said he wasn't feeling well so skipped it. Of course, not 20 minutes later, Little Man was throwing up. So now I am worried of course because I have no bread products in my house to use as a stomach settler. Hopefully this will be the only episode and he wakes up better tomorrow!!!
I did get my workout in also, which is a plus!!! Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I figure if I am doing the Whole30 Challenge, I might as well do the 30 Day Shred to go along with it. Plus I did some Zumba Fitness but had to stop because we had an appointment. Tomorrow I hope to be able to complete both!!
So overall, like I said earlier, it was how expected Day 1 to go. It is going to be a long 30 days but I know it will be worth it in the end. Now that I sent the Hubby and littles to bed (despite his horrible sweet tooth cravings), I need to bust a move on some homework so until next time.......
1 comment:
It's so hard to cut grains out. I've almost completely done it. I only eat oats. Im planning on starting this whole 30 thing September 1. I've done paleo before. Now to just completely get rid of grains!! I have found that a couple cherries before bed cures my sweet tooth. Even if it's one or two!! Plus I know those are approved! Keep posting recipes - ill be stealing them:)
Post a Comment