Have you ever caught yourself telling people
about the things you hope to accomplish and about the only thing you end
up accomplishing is putting that particular thing on a list somewhere,
either deep inside your mind or a to-do list or an app on your phone. I
am notorious for doing this!! I have so many things I would love to
accomplish but then life gets away with me. I reflect on the week as it
comes to an end and I realize I am just as disorganized and frazzled as I
was when I started. One of my best friends decided to pose a goal
challenge to her bloggers so I decided to take part in it. The idea is
to write out both your short term goals and your long term goals and
help each other keep track of accountability. Almost like a weight loss
group but help each other keep on track with getting our goals
accomplished. If you would like to join in, please list your goals in
your blog and then submit a link in my comments. I hope we can all
accomplish our goals and eventually allow our lists to become not so
overwhelming!!
SHORT TERM GOALS:
1) Come up with (and stick to) a cleaning and maintenance schedule for the house.
2) Start working out regularly, at least 3 times a week
3) Spend one hour per class on homework or my studies daily
4) Utilize Facebook during the morning and at night IF ALL THE WORK IS DONE!!!!
5) Spend 1 hour per day doing learning activities with Jordan
6) Continue the no TV before school/daily activities and focus on making after dinner no TV time also.
7) Have Noah reading stage 1 books without help before the Hubby's return in the spring
8) Send a card or letter to my closest friends and relatives on their
birthdays rather than just wishing them a Happy Birthday on Facebook or
sending them a text message. And actually mail it on time!!!!
9) Eat out only once per week (not including pizza
night). Since the Hubby has been gone, it has been easier to eat
sometimes then cook.
10) Stop being sporatic with the kids chore chart. Hold them
accountable and ensure they receive theur reward for doing a good job
(10 cents per covered box)
11) Read the Bible nightly and my devotional book twice daily.
12) Join a women's group or women's bible study
13) Submit one box a week to Thred Up. We have way too many clothes in bins in the garage!!
14) Get to garage organized prior to Hubby's return. Anyone want to help with this?
15) Try one new place every month, even if means driving out of town
16) Work with Noah daily to improve his handwriting
17) Mail Hubby something once a week until he returns. Even if I
don't have boxes to send him, send him a letter, card, picture,
something tangible!!
18) Try to blog every other day even if I don't have much to say (do I ever have not much to say?)
LONG TERM GOALS:
1) GET OUT OF DEBT!!!! (The cards in the freezer is working so far...lol)
2) Complete my Bachelor's degree with a minimum of a 3.5 GPA
3) Start my Master's degree immediately after completing my BA. No break from school!!
4) Plan a vacation with my husband yearly, just the two of us. We
tend to lose who we are when we become parents and I think it is
important for us to recapture that. Even if it for a few days, it needs
to be done!!
5) Learn to speak a different language. I am leaning toward
French but think Spanish is the best bet especially if I plan on
teaching someday.
That is all I can think of right now. If I complete something or
need to change something, I will update as needed!! I hope you guys will
take part in this too!!
2 comments:
Yay! Thanks for joining in! I'm not surprised we have a lot of the same goals. :)
Oh, and you know I love organizing! I will gladly help with your garage next time we come down. The least I could do for all the girl clothes you give me! ♥
I think every Monday we should post an update on our goals. Say what we accomplished the previous week and what we hope to accomplish in the coming week. Sound good?
I'm learning Latin with B, may I suggest this. Totally cool and it's nice that it's the root to most languages.
You'll do great!
Post a Comment