Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Best Buds (Day #71)

Well, I am going to do my best to get this blog up and running again. So we have made it to day #71 amazingly enough. We are all doing well and with the exception of a few stressful things, life is running fairly smoothly. I just really miss the Hubby and can't wait for this deployment to be over with. As much as I hope and pray we end up in Virginia next, I am not feeling another deployment for a while!!

This weekend was so  much fun. One of my besties came down to visit us along with her two children. Her son and Little Man are best buds and have been for years. It is amazing to me how much they adore each other and are the topic of conversation frequently despite the 200 miles that separate them. Their friendship is one that will last through the ages and it is amazing considering how it started.

In July of 2007, I received a message for a woman on MySpace. She was moving to the Great Lakes area so she decided to do a search of people close to her demographics (married, mom, etc..) to send them messages to find out more about the area. She sent me a message after noticing I had a son close to her son's age. And that is where it all began....

We corresponded frequently and I invited her to be a part of a playgroup I was a part of. Our boys, it turned out, were only 5 weeks apart and they became fast friends. Her husband deployed shortly after they arrived and we slowly developed our friendship. At first I was reluctant because she is a lot younger than me and I had had several bad experiences in the past with younger friends but I soon realized that she and I were on the same wavelength with so many things. While our friendship was flourishing, so was the boys.

Soon it can time for the dreaded PCS. Her husband got selected for an Officer Program which meant they would be leaving us. Not only was I sad but Little Man was crushed!! His best buddy was moving away. It was a sad time in our household. Fast forward several months and we soon discovered that we would be moving 200 miles away from them!! 200 miles, about 3 1/2 hours....shoot, I could drive that in my sleep!! Easy peasy!!

Well, here we are....4+ years later and not only has she become a sister to me but the boys bond is stronger than ever!! And adding our daughters to the mix, they are slowly becoming little best buds also. Even though we do live 200 miles apart, we try not to go more than a month or so without seeing each other. If it gets to be too long, the boys start driving us crazy to see each other. It just impresses me how much their lives are connected. They are truly best buds and I think they will be for the rest of their lives.....just like their mothers!!!! I love ya girl, you are my sister from another mister and always will be!!!!           

1 comment:

USNchic said...

:) Love you too girly! I can't imagine my life without the T-Family! We are so lucky to have you all in our lives. ♥