Being a Mom is one thing in my life I am so extremely thankful for. I am so blessed to have 2 precious angels that enlighten my life daily. Even when they are driving me crazy, fighting like cats and dogs or keeping me up all night, I cherish every second I have with them.
The journey to Mommyhood for me was a long one. It took a total of 8 years and 4 months for me to finally get pregnant. Every month of trying, every month that my "friend" would show up uninvited, was a crushing blow to me. I just wanted to know what it was like to hold a sweet baby in my arms and show it all the love I had been building up deep in my heart. Being told that getting pregnant would be a long and difficult road was the hardest thing I have heard in my life but it made me more determined then ever. I read everything I could get my hands on about conceiving and the female problems I had been diagnosed with. My loving husband supported me every step of the way and even subjected himself to testing despite us knowing that my body just didn't work properly.
In September 2004, I was referred to an amazing practice and a doctor who told me that he would do all he could to help me get pregnant. Unfortunately though, the hubby was leaving on a 6+ month deployment so that meant baby-dancing was put on hold. During that time, my doctor ran what felt like a million tests and helped get things in somewhat working order for when hubby got home. In May 2005, he came home and baby-dancing resumed unsuccessfully. In August, the doctor proceeded start me with hyper-stimulation, which essentially over stimulated my ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. The first month didn't work so we moved on to September. We started the process and were well on our way when my husband told me he would be leaving on the ship due to a tropical storm the port was worried about. I am bummed that we would have to wait yet another month but thankfully, my hubby had an awesome Division Officer who fought for him to come home and allow us to finish our treatments to get pregnant.
September 28th was our testing day. We went out the night before and bought a test. If you know anything about my husband, he studied the directions back and forth several times. He then woke me up at 4:30 to take the test because he wanted to know before he went to work. It came up positive....so faint, but the line was there. I called the doctor's office when I got to work and they had me come in for a blood test. At the office, they too did a urine test and the line a barely there so they told me not to get my hopes up. I went home after that and laid down for a nap (I had duty that night). I was woken by the phone ringing and almost didn't answer it but I am so glad I did. It was the nurse calling me with my numbers!! I was pregnant!!! Just barely pregnant, but pregnant none-the-less.
The next 36 weeks were the longest of my life but on June 6th, 2006 we welcomed our first miracle, our son. Almost exactly one year later, my body started functioning again so we decided to leave having another baby in God's hands. We didn't want to go through the fertility treatments again and I had what I wanted, a baby to lavish with my love. Well, 2 month later, we were surprised with a very obvious positive pregnancy test!!! In March 2008, we welcomed our little princess into our family and thanked God everyday for our blessings!!
Being a Mommy was the one thing in my life I constantly thought would never happen but thanks to God plan for me, I have 2 sweet babies to hug and kiss and love on everyday!!!
1 comment:
I miss you! And those sweet babies!!
Post a Comment