Monday, March 29, 2010

Momma Monday: Spring Cleaning

So I heard back from my doctor's office with the results to my glucose test. The good news is that right now my glucose levels are ok, not great but ok. The bad news is my insulin levels are threw the roof. Basically my body is not breaking down any insulin at all and is just holding on to it all. So I have been put on Glucaphage again and I am going to be monitored every 3 months for now. I have to take one pill a day for one week, and then keep uping the dosage until I am up to 3 pills a day. The potential side affects are strong so the doctor wants my body to get adjusted to it. But long story short, I am basically one step away from being Type-2 diabetic so I would be lying if I said this doesn't totally freak me out. But at least we are catching it now and hopefully slowing things down a bit. No matter what, I will take what the Lord gives me and know that it will make me stronger!!

On another note, the spring cleaning in my house is in full force. I spent the entire day doing things and going through things, trying to figure out what needs to go and what can stay. I still need to go through Little Man's closet and have Hubby go through his stuff so I can take things to the Goodwill. I think this weekend, since it is suppose to be gorgeous out, Hubby and I are going to clean out the garage. I just want to get to the point where all I need to do everyday is minimal cleaning. I found a new "30 minute" clean routine that I am going to utilize once the house is up to my standards. It is basically 30 minutes to spot clean your entire house and have it always look nice (i.e., 5 minutes to wipe down the kitchen counters and spot clean the floor, 5 minutes to wipe down the bathroom sink and mirrors, etc...). I did a "chore list" for myself to have posted on my fridge and I will cross of each task so I can ensure I complete them all everyday. The hardest work will be picking up after the kids all the time. I feel like they are tornadoes!!!

So I guess all in all, not only am I spring cleaning my house but I am spring cleaning my body too. Time to get the bad stuff out and get the good stuff in!!!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Sorry to hear about the insulin, I hope everything works out.

I'd love to see your list if you want to share it. :0)

Happy Spring Cleaning.

Lindy said...

I'm sorry you are going thru this, but I am glad you have been able to figure out what is happening. I hope that you feel better with your meds soon! Take care.