Wow, it has been a while since I blogged, not my usual fashion. We arrived in NY on the 17th and we have been going non-stop ever since. Yesterday and today were declared official "chill" days since we all have been exhausted from the merriment of the holidays.
On the 18th, we had a small Christmas party with our family's closest friends and it was so nice to visit with everyone. The rest of the weekend was spent visiting with family and helping get ready for Christmas.
On the 22nd, we celebrate Riley's 1st birthday that night but during the day, I got to spend the day with her which was an absolute blast. She is such a happy-go-lucky little girl and so much fun to play with. She introduced Jordan to Yo Gabba Gabba, which now has become a favorite of Jordan's (much to my chagrin).
Christmas Eve was spent at Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Gary's like tradition. I was put in charge of the White Elephant exchange and got rave reviews since we implements new rules this year. It was a fun time. After we left there, we went to Dad and Mary's to celebrate Christmas with them. The kids got spoiled like usual and we got a GPS!! I am so excited to finally have one. Once we got back to Mom's, we got the kids ready for bed and helped them put milk, cookies and carrots out for Santa. It was adorable since Noah wanted to make sure we had enough carrots for each reindeer and the perfect amount of cookies for Santa (in his eyes). Once they were in bed, we arranged the stockings and Santa gifts and then watched Four Christmas' together. It was my 2nd time seeing it but it was just as funny as the first time.
Christmas day, the kids actually slept in. I woke up at about 7:30 but Noah didn't get up until 8:15. He had to wait for Madison and Tracey to get here before he could go see if Santa came, which turned out to be a good thing because we ended up having to wake Jordan up. The kids had a blast with their Santa stuff and the gift opening process lasted all day, literally. But then again, it usually does. I must say, my husband did awesome this year with my gifts. He got me my Paula Deen cook set I had asked for, a gorgeous Open Heart necklace (from the kids) and few other various things I had my eye on. We all spoiled each other and did everything we could to make sure my Mom had an awesome Christmas considering the year she has had. She definitely deserved it.
The day after Christmas, we got family portraits done. Trying to get 13 people right for a picture was amazing, especially with 4 under the age of 4. But they turned out awesome!! Then on the 27th, we attended Riley's first birthday party which was a blast and it was so nice to catch up with old friends. We were all exhausted by the time Sunday night came. A few of vegging out has been warranted.
I have really enjoyed being home this time. I haven't felt stressed or worried that my kids were causing havoc for certain people. What a difference it is in the house without "him" here. It is so relaxed and my mom, despite ranging from anger to sadness, seems more relaxed around the kids too. I hope that 2010 is much better for her and I hope the divorce goes quickly and with as little pain for her as possible.
I absolutely adore my nieces. Madison is a little hell-on-wheels kind of kid but she is so much fun. She is awesome and I am going to miss her tremendously when we head back home on the 2nd. Riley, like I said before, it so much like her parents, just laid-down and goes with the flow. It is amazing to watch them grow and to see all the cousins playing together has made me so happy and I am so thankful that my family has been blessed so much!!! I hate being away from them but I am so grateful for what time I do get to spend with them.
Well I better run. I promise I will be better about updated now that the holidays are winding down. Have a great day!!!!
1 comment:
I am glad your Christmas is going well! It seems like you try to pack in so much since the Navy doesn't make it easy for frequent visits.
You have a beautiful family! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment