So I just finished reading a book by Debbie Macomber called "Twenty Wishes". While the book is a fiction book, I love the premise behind it. Basically in the book, the cast of women are each going through rough patches for one reason or another so they decide to take all their grief, anger and negative feelings and focus it on what they wish for their life. They each make a list entitled "Twenty Wishes" and these wishes are things they want to accomplish one day in their lives. A few examples of their wishes were to learn to belly dance, to go to Paris with someone they love or to buy a pair of red cowboy boots. The main character even goes as far as making a scrapbook of each of her wishes and adds to the scrapbook the steps along the path of achieving her wishes for example a picture of the red boots from a magazine and a picture of the Eiffel Tower. It is important to make sure they are wishes and not goals.
It was an amazing book and it got me to start thinking. What would my Twenty Wishes be? I have thought and thought about it and I have decided I am also going to come up with a Twenty Wishes scrapbook. This way it will help me focus on what is important in my life and not anything negative that comes my way. I will be interested to see what my Twenty Wishes end up being.
What would yours be?
No comments:
Post a Comment