Sunday, November 9, 2014

Change is coming....

I feel it.....the winds of change are trying to force themselves upon our lives and I am not digging it.

No one likes change.

Being a military wife, however, I have learned to adapt to a lot of change. Change in schedules, change in addresses, change in time but sometimes it is not an easy thing.

Last night, we had an impromptu neighborhood get together which, for me, was very much needed. I had a day filled with specific plans that didn't go as planned (go figure). While sitting outside with this wonderful group of friends I have made here, it suddenly hit me that change will happen soon enough and nights like that will be long gone yet again. As we discussed our plans for the future such as new duty stations, trips being taken and where we would like to end up one day, I also realized how lucky I am to have made such wonderful friends and with some, despite our geographical change, our friendship will not change.

That is one of the perks to being a Navy wife. I get the opportunity to make new friends but still keep old ones. I have friends in all corners of the world, some who I speak to regularly and others not so much but thanks to the power of social media, I can keep up with what they are doing and how they are doing. Their lives change just as frequently as mine but at the end of the day, I can still call them friend. These people are my family, especially when my actual family is half a world away.

So as I start to worry about the change that is looming (yes, it has to do with orders and yes, they are coming very soon), I know one that will never change and that is that I have some pretty awesome friends all over the world and that I will have the opportunity to make new, amazing friends at the next place we live!! So I guess, sometimes, change isn't so bad!!

No comments: