Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Food and Good-bye

So one of my goals for the year is to get my family to eat better, more healthy. Another one is to get us out of debt and start building our savings up again. Well to kill 2 birds, I decided I would start creating a full meal plan instead of just dinner. Well I spent about 5 hours on it today. It is a lot harder than you think it would be especially since I don't want to eat the same thing for meals everyday. I want to make sure the kids have balanced meals also. I think in the long run though, it will help me not spend frivolous money at the grocery store which in the long run will cut our grocery bill. I even got on-line and printed out coupons from a few coupon sites I know of plus I think I am going to start getting the Sunday paper again so I can get the coupons out of there. We shall see how much my grocery bill will be affected by this when I go shopping tomorrow morning. Should be interesting!!

By the time I finished the list today, it was too late for my to go shopping on base since I would have gotten stuck in the "going-home" traffic. So I opted to "De-Christmas" our house on the inside. It was so depressing. Every year I love putting the decorations up and every year I get so sad taking them down. It makes the house look so bare to me. I wish I could justify having a tree up all year round. Hmmmm, maybe I should come up with a way. LOL. Until I do though, I guess it is good-bye to Christmas until next year!! :-(

2 comments:

Rose said...

You could do a ficus or some other non-pine (real of fake). Put white lights on it, use it as additional lighting. Just an idea.

USNchic said...

That's a good idea Rose!