Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Turning a corner?

I am thinking (knock on wood) that we are finally turning a corner with Noah and potty training. When we first started training him, he did awesome with going tinkle on the potty and pretty much got it down pat within a week. But poopy on the potty was a whole other story. He absolutely refused and would wait until he took his nap to go poopy regardless if he was in a pull-up, diaper or underwear. Well, while we were in NY, he told me he had to poopy on the potty and he actually did. We were so excited and everyone made a huge deal out of it!! Since then he has gone on the potty almost every day and hasn't had a single accident!! I am so excited and am continuing to make a huge deal out of it every time it happens. I am hoping and praying that we are going to be done with pull-ups completely soon. But I am definantly not counting my chickens before they are hatched. One can hope though right?
Other than that, things are pretty mellow around here. The kids and I went to the pool yesterday and are planning on going again tomorrow. I am just trying to get the kids outside as much as possible since we were cooped up so much this winter. I am so looking forward to our move and not having to worry about -50 degree weather again!! Right now it is raining so we are spending the day inside.
Well, the kids are sleeping so I think I am going to head to bed myself!! Noah is having nightmares again and he ended up in our bed again last night so it was a long night!! My bed is calling my name!!!

No comments: